Open Position: Executive Assistant
Posted: October 5, 2021
TO APPLY: Submit a meaningful cover letter and resume to [email protected] with your name and “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Location: Candidates must live within commuting distance to NYC
The Opportunity: JWFNY is looking for a new team member interested in learning about philanthropy, leadership, and the intersection of the two who will support a small unit of professional colleagues in a growing organization.
Who We Are: JWFNY is dedicated to gender justice and social innovation. We advance the work and profiles of leaders who identify as women, have entrepreneurial spirits, and use Jewish values and gender lenses to advance social change around the world. We are committed to ensuring that JWFNY represents the entire mosaic of lived experiences that is the Jewish community. We are committed to diversifying our employees and welcome applications from those groups that have historically been underrepresented in the Jewish communal world—people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ people, and others.
Organizational Culture: JWFNY is a fast-paced organization with a collegial organizational culture. We are an all-hands-on-deck organization; everyone has their own accountabilities and works together toward success. Working in the same office is important to a culture of support for professionals and lay leaders.
Who You Are: You are good-natured, highly organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative. You thrive in a fluid, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You inspire confidence with your discretion, excellent time management, and communication skills; are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and have experience with programs such as Zoom, Doodle, Asana, and Canva, or are willing/able to learn new technologies. You effectively manage up and have a great desire for follow-through.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the CEO and the Director of Strategic Engagement & Operations (DSEO), the Executive Assistant will be the administrative support for executive, program, and development functions and create/execute the social media strategy. Responsibilities include:
Administrative Support (70%):
- Provide high-level operational/administrative support to CEO (and senior leaders, as needed)
- Serve as liaison between CEO and key partners providing excellent customer service
- Manage internal communication/prioritization, holding key players accountable to priorities
- Write/edit internal/external communications; respond to donors/prospective donors promptly
- Prepare CEO for meetings and check-ins by creating agendas, providing content reminders
- Support other senior staff and assist with additional general office tasks as needed
- Maintain JWFNY email and voicemail box, fielding questions from the public and donors
- Manage communications to board members regarding meetings, events, gatherings, etc.
Development Operations, Communications & Events/Meetings (15%):
- Maintain donor database and JWFNY website; prepare donor invoices/acknowledgment letters
- Manage and track donor and prospect data and provide general development support
Events & Meetings (15%):
Participate as a key member of the team in preparation for and implementation of all events including:
- Booking event spaces, making reservations, running errands, managing catering, etc.
- With the DSEO and Creative Consultant, create and distribute all event-related digital content
A minimum of 1-3 years of administrative experience supporting senior executive(s) that includes all of the above-referenced responsibilities and:
- Exemplary calendar management and meeting coordination skills
- Ability to build relationships with staff, board, community members with directness, warmth, and tact
- Confidence to execute numerous projects simultaneously, determine priorities, follow through on tasks
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to confidentiality and discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs
The salary for this position is $50,000 – 55,000 (non-exempt). Current benefits package includes unlimited PTO, subsidized health insurance, and dental and vision coverage for the individual (available for family members through employee contributions). Parental leave policy allows for 12 weeks of paid leave.
If you’ve read this far, please know we are looking for the ideal candidate—someone interested passionately in this work. Frequently cited statistics show that women/underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the criteria. JWFNY encourages you to break that statistic and apply.
Please submit a meaningful cover letter and resume to [email protected] with your name and “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls or emails, please. Candidates will be contacted if there is an opportunity to be interviewed.
JWFNY provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment. Finalists must complete a background check.