The Jewish Women’s Foundation of New York is hiring a contract-based grant writer to develop a foundation grants pipeline to support the work of elevating Jewish women social entrepreneurs and leaders. We are a communal-giving organization focused on gender justice and social innovation. We believe all women are visionary and are looking for a grant writer who believes the same.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Develop proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Write, revise, and edit proposal drafts.
- Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information-gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Keep impeccable records of interactions with prospective funders and application statuses.
- Coordinate requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information.
- Maintain quality results by creating templates and following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
As a feminist organization, JWFNY provides flexible hours and work-week schedules. As a contract-based grant writer, we expect to agree on goals, objectives, and tactics and then together review and evaluate efforts. This is a part-time position for an initial period of 3-6 months that will take no more than 10 hours per week. Fee range $75-$100 per hour depending on the candidate’s experience. We currently work remotely; grant writer would work in their own workspace.
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Technical documentation
- Process improvement
- Market knowledge of Jewish communal funders
Minimum of two years’ experience in grant writing, prospect research, and general fundraising
Please send a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and grant writing sample to Kathy Garcia by emailing [email protected].